Monday, February 6, 2012

Flash, Stay

I've been working with Flash on the stay command (as well as sit, down, here and don't bite my fingers). Today was a breakthrough. He finally gets it, I think, but only if cookies are involved. That's ok. Stay is a good command.

We did our lesson and then played in the back yard for awhile. Later I took him on leash to the barn where Homero was grooming Doc. I made Flash sit and just watch. Then Homero walked Doc down the road while I walked Flash alongside. I had to keep Flash on a short leash because he kept lunging at the horse. We have to work on this.

We also need to work on the Heel command or whatever it's called. He's not very good at walking on a loose leash.

Homero took Flash for a run in the afternoon and Dennis took him on a bike run to the office this morning. Right now he is sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment