Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finally, We Wore Him Out

Today was lesson day for Flash. This morning he had a run with Honey when we walked the ranch trail. We played in the back yard for a while, then later in the morning I walked him alongside Doc who was led by Betsy. We walked the 1/4-mile trail, then I sat on the mounting block in the arena with Flash by my side. I'd like to say all went well, but Flash lurched and tried to bite Doc on the nose. Luckily Doc is a very calm horse. Also, he is used to many dogs.

Needless to say I was exhausted after the horse lesson. We have a lot of work to do.

At 1 p.m. Rachel came to give Flash (and me) a training lesson. With his new collar, we practiced walking on a loose lead. He actually did very well considering he was horrible at it initially. We will continue to work on this, but I have hope.

After our lesson, Homero took Flash for a run. When Flash got back he flopped down and is sleeping peacefully. Tired dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment