Saturday, February 25, 2012

Flash and the Horses

I took Flash out to the road in front of the house to do some training. He did fairly well on the Get and To Ready commands, but he still pulls at the end of the leash when walking. I am tired out. I took him to let the horses out and he was horrible. Did not listen; would not obey commands to sit and stay even though I had a death grip on the leash.

I was leaning over to open Doc's door when Flash dashed under my arm and lurched at Doc. Doc isn't particularly forgiving when it comes to unruly dogs. He struck out and clipped Flash on the foreleg. Flash yelped and pulled back. I let Doc out and checked Flash's leg. He was ok, just stunned that anything would attack him. I think he gained a little respect for the horses...maybe.

Then we went to let Shalla out. Shalla was fine and Flash was by my side because I had him on a short leash, again with a death grip. Not too much trauma.

Then we walked out to where the horses were and I had Flash sit and lie down. He was ok. He stayed down and just watched the horses. We were about 20 feet away.

We went closer and Shalla did nothing and Doc just moved away. We were about 4 feet away and Flash was lying down.

We stayed there for a while then went home and played ball in the back yard. When we went back in the house, we hugged and kissed and all was well. Flash must be a little tired because he is lying down in one of his "spots."  I am in my spot on the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment