Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Lessons


Wednesday is our day for horse riding lesson and dog training lesson. Lately, these have merged while I'm training Flash to be comfortable with the barn and horses. Betsy introduced Flash to "Find Doc," where Flash goes to Doc's stall door and jumps up to touch it. If he does it right, he gets a cookie.

Doc, Flash and I took a walk around one of the trails while my sister Angie walked along. I had Doc doing the Granny Walk. Flash ran around mostly ignoring us.

Later in the afternoon Rachel came over to do some more training of Flash and us. Flash got very irritated when Rachel wanted him to Hold his dumbbell and walk at the same time. I'm afraid he skinned up her finger with his teeth. BAD BOY.

We also worked on putting Flash on leash, throwing a toy and then asking him to Bring It while tugging on the leash. Then we worked on getting him to sit and wait while we open a door. Dennis worked with him on this using the kitchen door.

From now until next Wednesday, I need to get Flash to hold his dumbbell for 30 seconds without dropping it. Plus all the other stuff, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment