Thursday, April 26, 2012

Smarty Pants

Today was a rainy day. Dennis went to the Port so Flash was homebound with me all morning. We did some fun things: Go-Gos, cookie on the nose, and stay/here.

First, I put him in a sit/stay position, walked across the room, stood for a minute, and then called him too me. He was great, never broke once.

Then I put a cookie on his nose, said Leave It, and when I said Okay, he flipped his nose and caught the cookie. Wow, he was great.

Finally, and the best of all, we did Go-Gos without a leash. First, I said Get to Ready and he sat down on my left side. I told him to stay. Then I walked the length of the dining room, put a cookie on the floor, and walked back to him. And this is the best part: I leaned down without touching him, pointed to the cookie with my left hand, and said Look. He looked but didn't break his sit/stay. Yea!!! Then the easy part: Charge! and Get the Cookie! He did all that and came back to me for his extra cookie.

What a smarty pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment