Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting Better

Dennis had to go to the border for most of the day so Flash spent most of the day with me. We visited the kittens a few times and had two training sessions.

For the first training session we took his rubber dumbbell outside in the back yard and practiced retrieving. He was fairly consistent in bringing the toy back to me, but I was trying without success to get him to sit and give the dumbbell to me. Instead, he would drop the toy a few feet away or even at my feet; then he would sit and wait for his cookie.  We need more practice.

In the evening when we trained again, we did some retrieving with the real dumbbell and he was slightly better. Then we practiced the stay command both sitting and lying down. I tried to practice my hand signals. Hope I got them right.

No comments:

Post a Comment