Friday, June 15, 2012

Get it! Get it?

I think Flash is "getting it." I've been working with him so he will not only chase something thrown to him, but will bring it back.

I was throwing a "dumbbell" (why do they call it that?) to Flash and telling him to "Get it!" He chased it, picked it up and actually returned it to me when I asked him to "Bring it!" Then he put it in my hand and let go when I asked him to "Give." Wow, a breakthrough. Today, I'll see if he remembers. Being a border collie, he probably will.

Right now Flash is out on the ranch somewhere. He has an agenda: chase ducks, go for a swim in the pond, visit the office, get cookies, go for another dip, visit Honey at Grandma's house, play and get dirty, chase ducks, and eventually come home after another dunking in the pond. He is a very busy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment