Saturday, June 9, 2012

Flash's Daily Training

Dennis and I took Flash for a walk on leash last night after dinner. This is one of the lessons we are supposed to practice before our next training session at Rachel's house. We are also continuing to work on Touch, Hold, Sit, Stay, Down, Twist, Get Ready, Go-Go's, Look-Look, and Leave It. Flash is doing very well on most of these.

I am incorporating the commands into his daily life with much success. For example, this morning when we visited the kittens, he picked up a mouse toy that belongs to Sambo. I told him to Leave It and he obeyed more or less instantly.

We practice Sit, Stay and Down regularly during the course of a day. I just started asking for Twist and, if we each have an end of his tug toy, he Twists really well.

Flash is excellent at Go-Go's. And pretty good at Get Ready. He's gotten so much better at the Go-Go's. I can't believe how smart he is and how he remembers everything.

Look-Look is one of the new commands. I have to say Flash learned this very quickly. He is really good at it.

Dennis want to go for a walk and Flash is already out of the door, so I'd better Get Ready myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment