Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tuesday's Lesson

I may have owner blindness, but it seemed to me Flash did pretty well at last night's lesson. For one thing, there were several dogs running loose, smelling him (meet and greet) while we had him on leash.  He was a little nervous, but didn't do anything like trying to nip the other dogs. Good boy.

Then we did something new where he was supposed to go down while he was running toward us. Dennis was handling him and I think Flash was getting the idea sort of. With some practice, I think he'll get it.

Then we did some heeling exercises with a lot of turning left and right. Flash did better when he was challenged by the turns, Rachel said. I've got to get to feeling better so I can work with him more at home.

Then I asked Rachel how I can get Flash to sit straight and not in a puppy sit. She showed us how to use a long stick or dowel to tap him so he moves over. I was not very successful at this exercise. Then we did something that required Flash to know how to stand. I now have forgotten the exercise, except for the standing part.

We have a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment